Knowing how to select the right type of paint for your outdoor project can be the difference between walls that need regular maintenance, or a perfect looking exterior that can weather the elements and last a long time.
My Maintenance Crew Painting Contractors Cape Town can help you brush up on your outdoor paint knowledge so you can get the product your painting project requires and end up with the final coat that you want your property to look.
We look at the following points concerning outdoor paint:
1. What to consider when selecting your exterior paint.
2. How to colour manage for an outdoor painting project.
3. The 3 main steps to a successful outdoor paint selection.
Applying a coat of undercoat will improve the adhesion of your final coats.
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN SELECTING AN EXTERIOR PAINT
Lighter colours will generally make your house appear larger and will also affect it more during different light conditions. Using a darker shade can make your house blend into the property and will make it look smaller.
The value of the property is relevant to the rest of your neighbourhood. In one neighbourhood your choice of colour scheme could make your house stick out like a sore thumb, in others your choice of colour could make you feel right at home.
Some of the standard options in exterior wall finishes include matt, eggshell, granular (Granular paint is a rough textured acrylic coating with a rare granular effect), suedette (Suedette acrylic has a natural suede textured finish) and even sandstone (Sandstone is a light textured acrylic coating that dries to an elegant natural matt finish).
The natural elements and moisture levels your exterior walls will be exposed to will play a big role in deciding what qualities you need in your paint. Some products include ingredients such as quartz and mica, which gives the paint incredible strength and durability, as well as creating a weatherproof barrier over your walls.
Contact Us Here
• Will it be easy to keep clean? – Some exterior acrylic PVA paints include fungicide which makes it particularly stain, damp and dirt-resistant.
• How long should it last? – Most reputable exterior paint brands come with a guarantee, but your exterior walls will need periodic maintenance and touch-ups over the years. However most exterior paint products guarantee a long lasting weatherproof value of over 10 years.
It is therefore important to adhere to the manufacturer’s standards of the paint you will be using. As Painting Contractors we keep to the manufacturer’s standard by doing the preparations well.
• Don’t forget the exterior trimmings – These elements of the home’s exterior are often overlooked, but they require an equal amount of protection from the elements. If the trimmings are wood or metal, they will require special exterior paint suited to that surface, to ensure maximum value over time.
My Maintenance Crew is a multi skilled company that provides turnkey services in the following:
Contact Us HERE